On-going support to the hurricane-ravaged residents of Pearlington, Mississippi

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Dancing with Katrina

I am never sure who actually reads this blog, but I have decided to continue nonetheless. In fact, I have decided to turn my experiences and observations into a book.

The working title is: Dancing with Katrina and I have begun.

It will be a chronicle of my adventures in Pearlington, as well as a personal study of how such a thing affects the people caught up in it, the volunteers who come to serve them and the wisdom of providing relief and recovery from a non-governmental perspective.

There will be stories and pictures, survivor accounts that represent the experiences of the community and an inside look at what really happened in Pearlington in the time I was there.

I write this as a tribute to the resilience of Survivors everywhere and as an encouragement to all who serve, and who help such people become Thrivers.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home