On-going support to the hurricane-ravaged residents of Pearlington, Mississippi

Friday, September 09, 2005

Mostly all set....

Well, things are shaping up for the start of Project: Katrina. A hundred details have mostly been addressed and I am very close to being ready. I am excited and frankly, a bit nervous, but Faith isn't Faith until it's ALL you're holding onto.

I would like to thank:

Larry Radko, Executive Director of the North Simcoe Catholic Family Life Centre for the generous use of an internet-ready laptop that I can take with me. My hope is to update this blog daily, but who knows if that will even be possible? Keep checking though, because you never know....Thanks, Larry. Larry and the Centre have been underwriting children's Dream School here in North Simcoe for years and have always supported me and my work.
catholicfamilylifecentre.com

Also, Saeed Rouhani for the suggestion of, and assistance with, setting up this blog. Saeed is a talented web designer and his work may be viewed at::
rouhaniwebdesign.com

I would also like to thank the well-wishers, supporters and Dreamers who have been in touch with me so far. I carry all of the caring in your hearts with me and I promise to share it with others as best I can. Some have even made donations and I am grateful. I will make sure that the funds are well and responsibly spent. Each dollar makes a big difference in the life of a child who has lost everything. Donations may still be made by mail or by phone, even after I'm gone. Call Marian at 705-445-8713 or mail a cheque to 262 Batteaux Rd., R.R.2, Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z1.

More importantly, I take your prayers and intentions with me. Thank you to all who have rallied in this way.

"Big Dreamer"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon, your phrase about faith really struck me as I live and learn that it is when I'm working on/in faith is when I feel most alive - go and rebuild that faith in the people you meet, help them to remember to feel alive. My thoughts and prayers go with you. Nancy

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home